With regard to the IGBB website...
- Impact Factors for journals indexed by Thomson Reuters were taken from the subscription-based Web of Science Journal Citation Reports (JCR).
- For simplicity, the impact factors from all Thomson Reuter-indexed journal articles published prior to December 31, 2015 were taken from the 2013 edition of the JCR.
- For articles published between January 1, 2016 and December 31, 2016, impact factors from the 2014 edition of the JCR will be used.
- The basic pattern mentioned above will be utilized in subsequent years -- e.g., articles published between January 1, 2017 and December 31, 2017 will be obtained from the 2015 JCR.
For those journals not indexed by Thomson Reuters, citation rankings were obtained from the SCImago Journal & Country Rank website. For a particular journal, the SCImago average citations per document over a 2-year period [Cites per Doc. (2y)] value was used as it is computed using the same formula employed to determine JCR Impact Factors; hence, a SCImago Cites per Doc. (2y) value is roughly equivalent to a JCR Impact Factor. Of note:
- For articles published prior to December 31, 2015, the 2014 Cites per. Doc. (2y) values were used.
- For articles published between January 1, 2016 and December 31, 2016, the 2015 Cites per Doc. (2y) values will be used.
Natalia Garcia-Reyero Vinas
USACE & other sources
Dr. Kurt C. Showmaker
Assistant Research Professor
The IGBB is supported, in part, by the following units:
The IGBB is an HPC² member center.